"Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.
Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will.
Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong,
And we'll never part."
THE DRINK YOU SPILT ALL OVER ME
LOVERS SPIT LEFT ON REPEAT
Ok, bear with me for a moment. Let’s pretend that the similarity between Castiel and Colette is NOT deliberate. It’s hard, but try.
In a crowded ~40 minutes episode, it’s not possible to give the romance between Colette and Cain a lot of screentime. Shortcuts are necessary. In a few minutes, we need to understand why Cain is retired, and how someone could bring the scariest butcher of hell onto the path of salvation. (Oh, like Castiel and - NO, no parallels now! Bad!)
So what does the show do?
- Colette is watching over Cain, still.
- Colette is long gone, but he still prays to her, even though he can’t be sure that she’ll hear. Because FAITH.
- Cain was not a monster. He sold himself to save his brother. There was goodness in him all along, and Colette was the one who saw that.
- Colette was possessed by something evil, and Cain was forced to try and kill her. But the black evilness killed her first.
- Colette forgave his sins because she loved him. And his cool beard. She even forgave him when he was forced to hurt her.
- Cain ultimately decides that Colette was wrong. He is a monster. And he needs her to turn away, because he can’t let her see him like this. Maybe because he thinks he doesn’t deserve her, or because he doesn’t want Colette’s opinion of him to be tarnished. We don’t know.
So, even if nobody on the writing staff was consciously trying to make Cain and Colette so very similar to Dean and Cas, we still have to acknowledge that they were trying to portray an incredible love story, strong enough to last centuries, to make a faithless demon pray, and to redeem a monster. They have to do it quickly and efficiently enough so that their love is immediately apparent to the audience. And this is the fucking shit they came up with.
But Dean and Cas is all in our heads, right???
↳mythology meme | [3/9] greek gods/goddesses – AthenaAthena is the Greek goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill in ancient Greek religion and mythology. According to Olympian myth, Athena was born a fully armed woman from Zeus’ forehead, after he had swallowed her pregnant mother Metis. Although many have pursued her, Athena has never taken a lover, and is thus known as Athena Parthenos, Virgin Athena. She is the wisest of the Olympian gods.